Did you mean: 

Printer problem

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Printer problem

Printer works ok with wired connection to desktop using either windows or linux

Printer works ok using wifi connection to a ipad.

Fails to work ok when trying to access it using a samsung tablet so clearly there is a problem with that connection.

Uninstalled the Brother printer app and then reinstalled it several times but no luck keep getting the message the printer is off line.

Rebooted the printer several times using WPS and get a print out saying connected so I suspect something on my tablet is not right.

Tried cloud print via chrome but go nowhere with that.

Numerous posts on the internet regarding connection problems for the Brother 3150 CDW but few for issues with tablets and what there is, is complex.

IP address shows as 192.168.1.70

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

IP gateway 192.168.1.254

Packets & Bytes received and transmitted show no errors

So any suggestions, please keep it simple as possible.

Thanks

We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Printer problem

Is there a "control panel" type place on the tablets, which you can access, to see if the printer is connected? or maybe it has that old chestnut   " Printer"    Work Offline    switch somewhere and you need to make it "work on line "..  ? ? ?

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Printer problem

Thanks for the responses, have managed to get it fixed but no idea how other than keep fiddling with it, as to whether it remains fixed is another question.

Plenty of you tube videos showing how to connect it along with tons of advice on the Brother website but seem to get nowhere with that but I did note some comments about some users only able to get a temporary connection so unsure if I have got a permanent fix or not.

Doubt it makes any difference but I sometimes use a wired connection with the printer and desktop, could this have changed some setting ?

Will see how it goes.

Thanks.

We are born into history and history is born into us.