Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer plays SBs

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Printer plays SBs

Is my printer die for the chop?
It's a HP Deskjet 5100. I have been trying to print on coloured paper, which appears the same in texture etc as normal white typists' paper. Although there are several sheets in the feeder, I first get "out of paper" and then "paper jam". I've searched for a jam, taking off the back cover, but there is no sign of any paper where it should not be, and after cancelling everything about a minute or two later the printer catches the paper and prints a copy.
Any ideas what is causing the problem?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Printer plays SBs

Sounds like it may be a "driver" problem..... uninstall the printer..... use CCleaner to do a reg clean, then shut down the computer... unplug the printer.... re-boot the computer..... then attach the printer.... should automatically "find new hardware".... then try printing again....
samuria
Grafter

Failing that it can be the sensors dirty there will be a couple one for the paper and one for the jam. They are very small may look like a led or light if they get dirty its the same as having jammed paper ie no light. All you have to do is find them they are normally visible if you follow were the paper goes you should see them
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks for tips. I've done shuttrer's routine, but want to test with the same paper. We have none at moment.
I cannot see the sensors samurai referred to, so was googling for diagrams etc. on matter.
Not much luck on that, but I did find another possible cause. The paper sensor ishttp://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+124176195336... photo-sensitive, and does not react well to yellow and red type paper. The sensor has no adjustment. I'll get some various colours and experiment.
I wonder if other models and makes of printer have similar problems
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.