Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer flashing light

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Printer flashing light

Hi,  I've got an old HP deskjet 3920 which has just stopped printing.  The cartridges are quite new and I've checked all the connections but the green light is just flashing and it won't print.  Does anyone have any idea of what I could try to get it printing?  Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Re: Printer flashing light

Hi southken,  Here's a list of what could be wrong and I guess others will add to it.
1. Are you getting any fault warnings on your PC?
2. When did you last use the printer?  The cartridge heads could have dried and become blocked.
3. Check the wired connection between your PC and the printer.
4. It may be worth re- installing the driver programme.
4. The printer head could have failed - sorry, time to get a new printer!
The HP Deskjet 3920 was my first printer; I see that you can still download a User Manual - it might be worth having a look at that if you haven't already done so.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have a look on the HP Forums here, seems a common problem.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

seems to be a common problem... however... from  "Fixyourownprinter.com"  or fixyourownprinter HP 3920  I found these two replies ...

open the cover of your printer & you will find a button like figure and just click and 3 times & close the cover. that's it
- Anonymous

and this one suggesting to re-install the driver

Hello
I am new to this site, but I want share my experience on this site. Actually, I got the problem with HP Deskjet 3920 in that The problem I am unable to print properly I asked the one technique he suggested me once re-install the driver. I did what he said. Now my printer is working very good. If you have any problem with your printer better re-install and check your printer it may work better...
HP Deskjet 3920 Driver Download and installation Guide:
First you have to download the HP Deskjet 3920 Printer dirvers
The HP Deskjet 3920 Driver can be downloaded simply by following certain steps. You need to click on the thread provided on our HP Deskjet 3920 printer driver download page. Once you click on it, you can run it to let the installation to happen automatically or you can choose to download it by specifying a location on your computer and then clicking on the .EXE file to start installation.
But for installation of the HP Deskjet 3920 printer driver, you need to use it on a computer having Windows 7 and Vista with latest Intel processor and 1GB Ram.
Thamanna kora..

billnotben
Community Veteran

I'm sure you already know this but the green light flashing on my HP means queued printing waiting to start.
southken
Rising Star

Thanks for all your replies, I've tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked.  I can't find a driver for windows 8.1 but I think the printer is finished  Cry