Did you mean: 

Price drop for WBMC

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Price drop for WBMC

BT Wholesale Note - this is what Plusnet use
WBMC over WBC Contracted Bandwidth
BT Wholesale will reduce the WBMC over WBC Contracted Bandwidth prices from £87.89 (excluding VAT) to £48.55 (excluding VAT) per Mbits/s per month.
WBMC are keen to pass on the significant price reduction from WBC as a reflection of BT Wholesale’s confidence in the capability of its new 21C Network
to support bandwidth hungry applications and enable customers to continue to economically provide ISP services on the BT Wholesale network.
Additionally, the price for bursting up to 5% above the Contracted Level will also be reduced from £87.89 (excluding VAT) to £48.55 (excluding VAT) per
Mbits/s per month.
Prices for bursting over 5% above the Contracted Level will be reduced from £158.55 (excluding VAT) to £83.55 (excluding VAT) per Mbits/s per month.
The WBMC Shared Terms and Conditions will be amended to reflect the new pricing.
3 REPLIES 3
scootie
Grafter

Re: Price drop for WBMC

i reckon this bursting stuff is a major player in the cause of the latency at midnight.
they have droped the price which is nice but just got to wait and see if they drop the banding from the 21cn DLM now
matt_2k34
Grafter

'bursting' i dont think will have much difference, 5% isnt all that much, ISPs should just try and plan to be 1 central for every 100,000 customers they have on their network, (then maybe +1/2 for fault tolerance, heavy load) - but hey ho, there expensive Smiley
scootie
Grafter

ive heard dave mention about the bursting in are many chats over the midnight latency, which is why i belive it may have a hand in the latency due to pipes being pretty under used till everything gets line speed at midnight, maybe the eclloyas have trrouble with its clever tricks with this techonilgy added to the pipes