cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preserving part used printer ink cartridges

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Preserving part used printer ink cartridges

Lexmark and I think Cannon also use that syle of cartridge, it has the advantage that you get a new print head with every cartridge, and doesnt B up the printer.
Generally they are easier to refill as well, but lexmark are now fitting blow out chips that stops you reusing them
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: gleneagles
Quote from: A
So for little more than a set of black and colour cartridges, I've bought a monochrome laser (£50 including toner cartridge).
Print quality and speed is much better and laser toners don't dry up.
Was the toner cartridge a full size one ? (Full meaning the amount of toner in the cartridge rather than physical size) Sometimes there is just enough toner for a few hundred pages & the cost of replacement cartridges is similar to the price you paid for the printer.

You are quite right - the toner cartridge supplied is only 700 pages.
A 2500 page toner costs in the region of £75.
However, despite it being sourced by Dell, it comes with Linux drivers...
So I'm not heartbroken.  Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Ellis
Grafter

The laser toner cartridges can usually be refilled and the chips still work. The firms that supply the toner usually also supply replacement chips which  allow refilling continually. The Minolta Magicolor 2400W cartridges were 1,500 text pages but the full charge was 4500 text pages.
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=shutter : Reply #9]Not sure what it is ,.... but I have a dislike for Kodak.... (anything)...    Lips_are_sealed
It looks like Kodak are having difficulties - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15585158
[quote=BBC News]Kodak has warned it must raise new funds to survive the next year.
The 131-year old photography firm said it may raise the cash through patent sales or by taking on additional debt.
The US firm revealed that its cash balance at the end of September totalled $862m (£537m) after it ran up a $222m operating loss over the preceding three months.
Experts said Kodak took too long to move from its traditional film business into digital cameras.