cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive text... [Solved]

Mav
Fixes: 515

Predictive text... [Solved]

Tablet has Android 4.4.2 installed and I am using Chrome 37.0.2062.117 but I think it uses the built-in keyboard.
I want to turn the predictive text off but, so far, the ability to do so has eluded me. Any one know how to do this, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Predictive text...

Settings > Language & Input. Should be an option in there to turn that particular feature off, maybe in the Android Keyboard cog.
That's RPM to you!!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Predictive text...

That's where I originally looked but nothing apart from spell-checking. I turned that off temporarily but didn't make any difference Sad
Edit: OK found the solution quite by accident.
Was studying the keyboard a little more and noticed 3 little dots to the bottom right of several keys. These give the specific keys other functions e.g holding the '.' key you can select an '&'. '%', etc. Doing the same with the ',' key produced a Settings icon. Sliding one's finger to that produced two options; Input Languages and Google Keyboard Settings with the latter containing the relevant option. So, now it's turned off it still gives a selection of words you may have intended but no longer automatically changes when you press Space or Enter.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still