Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerPoint

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

PowerPoint

My friend often sends me some great Space Shuttle and International Space Station photo's, as PowerPoint slide shows. I'd quite like to extract some of the photo's individually and perhaps either print them or use them as wallpaper. But I can't see how it's done, right clicking individual pictures gives no clues. Anyone any ideas? 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Re: PowerPoint

Do you have Powerpoint? Or are you just using a viewer?
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have PowerPoint installed (from Office Xp version, although I'm using it on Vista)
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Denzil
Grafter

I am looking at the Office 2007 version, so can't guarantee it is the same, but select the slide, right click the image and go "Save as Picture".
Failing that, try left clicking the image to select it, Ctrl-C to copy, then paste it into Paint or somesuch and save as a .bmp
Final thought, is the file opened 'read only'? It will say so at the top of the window next to the filename.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

In the past when I've done it, I've done Denzil's second suggestion of selecting the image and Ctrl-C'ing it and pasting it into some kind of graphics package.
Just tried his 1st suggestion in Office 2003 and it works in that as well

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mcgurka
Grafter

Quote from: Denzil
I am looking at the Office 2007 version, so can't guarantee it is the same, but select the slide, right click the image and go "Save as Picture".

Save as picture works in 2k3 and 2k7, failing that just pop it into paint.
If you have some white space left around the image, you can trim it out, or make the white part (canvas) smaller before you paste. That way it will expand to fit the exact size of the picture.