Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal webstats missing on morning Thursday 3 JUne

dgdclynx
Grafter

Portal webstats missing on morning Thursday 3 JUne

I just raised a ticket.....33629300

Portal webstats dont seem to have run on the morning of Thursday 3 June. If the engineers didnt spot the problem this morning then a manual restart needs to be done so that they will appear during the day. A Service Status should be issued.
And incidentally my VMBU is not registering my usage this morning.
Please everybody raise a ticket to attract attention.
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Portal webstats missing on morning Thursday 3 JUne

More than likely caused by the same issues that are making the Community Site slow this morning, a service status is on the way.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Webstats should now be available for yesterday, sorry for the delay.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pengyou
Grafter

I have just checked and my webstats log file with the data for yesterday is not there; the most recent log file is the one timestamped 2 June.
Has something gone wrong yet again?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Yesterday was the 2nd June? Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pengyou
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Yesterday was the 2nd June? Huh
I don't understand your comment.
The most recent webstats logfile I can see is the one timestamped 05:54 on Wednesday 2 June which contains the data for 1 June. Today is the 3 June so I would expect to find a log file dated Thursday 3 June containing the data for 2 June.
The portal's webstats page only shows data for 1 June when I checked it a minute ago.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah my bad, I thought you were saying that the last file you had contained the data for 2nd June, I'll get somebody to take a look at this when I get to the office...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pengyou
Grafter

Thanks for the explanation.
Yesterday I raised a ticket about this problem (33641931). This morning I found a reply which said:
"I have checked here and can confirm that missing stats are definitely there now.
As such, please log out and log back in and advise if they are now there."
The webstats data for 2 June is still missing.
There is a new log file dated 4 June but it only contains data for 3 June. The previous log file is the one dated 2 June containing the data for 1 June.
The portal webstats page shows data for 1 June and 3 June but nothing (i.e. all zeroes) for 2 June. So the problem is not simply that FileZilla is lying to me.
I've added some screenshots to my ticket in an attempt to make things clearer.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm really sorry to say that due to the way the webstats platform works, we're not going to be able to recover the logs now that the stats from the 3rd have arrived Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pengyou
Grafter

I'm not surprised to learn that all data for 2 June has been lost.
Was I singled out for special treatment or have other users also lost their webstats data?
dgdclynx
Grafter

This has happened to you before when everybody else seems to have been happy that the rerun statistics have been ok. You must have a genuine problem with your setup. You will need some expert advice. Unfortunately I cant see where the problem is. Maybe Bob could take a look at your implementation.
pengyou
Grafter

You may be right about something being wrong with my account. Back in the Postini days I was getting spam which managed to bypass Postini despite PlusNet's efforts to stop it. Every time they changed the settings something somewhere changed them back and nobody managed to find out what was causing this. The problem only went away when Postini was replaced by IronPort.
The most recent response to my ticket suggests the original Service Status announcement was a bit misleading when it stated the webstats run had been completed:
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience, unfortunately the webstats were not generated on your account for the date in question, due to the problem with the data centre outage, we had residue problems throughout the day which meant not all webstats were restored.

Perhaps I'll have better luck the next time something goes wrong with the webstats?