cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding on Philips SNA6500?

Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

Port forwarding on Philips SNA6500?

Just installed a philips SNA6500 to replace my plusnet Binatone 2100. I'm trying to forward a port to let me use uTorrent unblocked, but can't seem to do it.
On the Advanced settings > NAT > virtual Server page, there is nothing that I can alter - its just blank. I've checked portforward.com and they show a table that i should see and fill in with the info, but the table isn't there on my one
Help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Dave
5 REPLIES 5
paulh
Rising Star

Re: Port forwarding on Philips SNA6500?

[quote="http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Philips/SNA6500/Echolink.htm"]To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address.
I don't know anything about this router, but maybe this is the problem?
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

This does seem to be the problem although I've done everything that PF tells me to do regarding finding all the numbers etc. Nothing. Can't even access the net.
Would someone from plusnet be able to tell me the 1st & 2nd DNS numbers to use to set up a static IP?
Regards
Dave
paulh
Rising Star

hmmm as no one who actually knows if offering help then i'll have another guess that I don't think it's telling you it needs a static WAN IP but a static LAN IP ... soooo maybe suggest that you disable DHCP and try setting your PC up with a static internal IP (via your TCP/IP properties in Windoze assuming you're using windoze)  and see if that  makes any difference ...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: PJ
Generally speaking any port forwarding will require a static LAN IP address for the recipient computer.

You should be able to put an address range for the local computer(s) - this still might require static addresses. Any P2P application will not care about a fixed WAN address.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

You're not going to believe this! I woke this morning to check my router and the NAT> virtual server page has miraculously appeared as it should. I set my port and presto!
Yesterday I uninstalled my firewall (ZA) and antivirus, maybe that did the trick? Who knows. Job done.
Thanks for all the help folks.
Dave...