cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet router issue

Yowy

Plusnet router issue

I am currently using the plusnet router that was supplied to me. Everything was working fine until I decided to turn on the parental controls through my login on the Web interface. Now my Internet is not working and it shows as a solid red light on the router. I've tried logging in and following the trouble shooting responses but nothing seems to work.
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet router issue

If you go into the web interface and check the status of the broadband does it show connected or disconnected
Yowy

I've tried various logins but ive been unable to connect.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I don't quite understand what you mean about various logins but first which router is it and when you say parental controls is that via the router web interface or the Plusnet website
Yowy

The router I'm using is plusnet technicolor tg582n. I've tried admin and the sn password on the back of my router. I've tried my username@plusdsl.net and the bt test one and each time it tells me my username or password is incorrect.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

where did you set up the parental controls - was it on the router
Yowy

No I set up the parental controls when I logged into my plusnet account through their website.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

When you say Parental Controls - is that the one which is part of Plusnet Protect or do you mean Safeguard
Yowy

safeguard. I turned off the safeguard from plusnets Web login but my router still shows a red light for Internet. I've now managed  to login to the router Web interface and it shows the broadband as disconnected.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

So if you click onto connect what happens
Yowy

It says retrying then after a few minutes my wifi connection disconnects.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Checking the RADIUS logs for your account it does seem the password being used is incorrect, would you be able to change your password via our website then input that into the router and try to login, sounds like something hasn't replicated correctly
also when you say you can't get in, is that to the router settings or the DSL connection? if it's the router login page please can you factory reset the router(there's a pinhole on the back), once that's done try getting in using the Admin/Serial Number details, then manually input the broadband connection settings once in the router
Yowy

I changed my password on the plusnet Web interface but I couldn't log in to the router interface so I did a factory reset. I was able to login to the router interface and it showed my Internet was connected. Now when I load up my browser I get a broadband setup screen and I entered my user name and new password. The screen prompt says my broadband connection is now ready to use, but it keeps sending me back to the broadband set up page everything time I open up a new Web page.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That will happen as the password was changed whilst the router was offline,  if you can now get into the router settings you'll need to manually input the new password and all should be fine
I'll be back in the office at 11:30 tomorrow to check things once more if that doesn't get you connected
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon Smiley
Just had a quick check on things and RADIUS is showing an active connection
Glad things are working once more Smiley