Did you mean: 

Plusnet providing John Lewis broadband?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Plusnet providing John Lewis broadband?

Hi all
i have read over at isp review that john lewis are now doing there own name broadband, which is replacing Waitrose Broadband and Greenbee Phone & Broadband services, which were provided by PN if my memory is correct
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/04/popular-uk-retailer-john-lewis-enters-the-broadband-isp...
Also the sign up journey is very very similar PN. (pics attached)
Have just spoken to them (JL) and they have confirmed that it is PN providing the service.
£ 18 a month for unlimited broadband with no traffic shaping  (need to take phone line at £13.50 a month)
Unlimited usage
Simply put, there are no restrictions on how much you can download, allowing you to enjoy all the internet has to offer. Download as much or as little as you like, whenever you like.

unlimited bb, line rental , eve & weekend calls £ 31.50 a month (seems one of the best around for m1 to me)
https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/unlimited/
Looks a good package, especially to people on a market 1 exchange (price is same no matter what exchange you are on)  , when compared with the current traffic shaped extra 60gb (£17.99 m1) and legacy traffic shaped unlimited (£25.42 m1) packages
I wonder if the above may be coming to the PN website with the product refresh?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet providing John Lewis broadband?

https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/faq/#whymanage all is not rosy if you aren't on the unlimited package but for the unlimited package it is excellent - just like adding the Pro option
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

deleted

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

if you were discussing the unlimited option that is correct in practice
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

yes was discussing  that ul option, :), much better than what is on offer in terms of the PN extra and the PN legacy ul package especially for market 1 customers , line rental would need to be taken as well

bomster
Grafter

Can the new phone line fee be removed if you already have a line with PN?

EDIT: Yes you can.
tomxlisa
Grafter

I wonder what there technical support is like though, as that is more important to me than unlimited products, i am with sky broadband at the moment and that is unlimited but the technical support isn't too good which is why i am moving to plusnet, unless the john lewis technical support is the same as plusnet as it seems they are run by plusnet?.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Do you ever need to contact Customer Support outside the hours of 9am to 6pm, 7 days a week (except Bank Holidays)? Those are John Lewis hours.
David
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thats not good, customer support hours could do with been open a bit longer, not good when you get in from work and they are shut.
Although contact them online (existing customers) , which i assume is via a ticket  and they will "answer you within 24 hours during our operating hours."
At least technical support is 24/7 Smiley "Technical support, all day, every day"

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Odd thing is the contact address
John Lewis Broadband, Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
So why can't they piggyback on to Plusnet support as it is probably the same people
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Maybe they have a certain number of people who will only be dealing with JL customer support .
Just seen that caller display can be added at no extra cost on the JL phone line, although line rental is 51 pence more a month compared to PN

The_10th
Grafter

Interesting find. The layout is almost a clone of the PN pages and slight differences in speeds/hours of limits with Fibre being a 100GB/mth limit too.
Wonder if this is a pre-cursor to the long awaited Product Refresh by Plusnet perhaps which can't be too far off now?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I wounder if PN are going to comment on this?  Smiley

RunningSites
Dabbler

The JL FAQs confirm that they can provide static IPs, but anyone know whether they do reverse DNS as well? Back two years ago when I was moving house, PlusNet were one of very few ISPs that offered both static IP and rDNS to be able to run a mail server from home on a Market 1 exchange. I also had to go with a PlusNet Business product to get this.
I'm wondering whether the IP block used by PlusNet for the static JL IPs is the same as their own block, i.e. if I were to transfer to JL, the rDNS as already set up would be ported across with my IP address to the JL product by default?
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I must have missed the annoucement on this one.
Anyone know where I can find it? Roll_eyes