cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet protect doesn't work with WinDows 10

GarryLeeH

Plusnet protect doesn't work with WinDows 10

Had to remove Plusnet Protect from Windows 10  laptop, it took 6 hours to do 82%virus scan and  nothing worked right until I uninstalled it, not compatible at all,  might there be an update for it soon,  installed AVAST free and everything back up to speed! You need to warn people about this!!!!  Thought laptop was faulty for weeks before I uninstalled free MacAfee.
Garry h
3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet protect doesn't work with WinDows 10

I would remove PN protect on any windows ,, not just win10
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's not listed as compatible with Windows 10 http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/plusnet_protect.shtml#minSpec
But as rongtw says, I would remove it anyway, but I wouldn't even have installed it.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

up until Christmas last year PlusNet protect did  a good job but it started having fork problems every time it did an update on my win8.1 machine, constantly causing problems so I uninstalled it (and used the mcpr tool as well) I did try it out a few more times in the period since but every time the same problems cropped up within a few days so I gave up on it, whilst MacAfee did work really well for several years before it seems to have gone downhill since intel bought them and they started focusing more on supporting mobile devices than the traditional desktop market /
as for windows 10 it seems the best av option is the default built in one, no doubt that will change in the next 18 months but for now i'd say keep your ear to the ground and wing it rather than getting some other option
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you