Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fax to email as a PDF?

dratddestroyer
Grafter

Plusnet fax to email as a PDF?

Hi,
I have searched for the answer before posting this question.
I use the Plusnet Fax to Email service. Fax pages are sent as TIFF attachments.
Is it possible to have the Faxes sent as PDF files instead?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
xpcomputers
Grafter

Re: Plusnet fax to email as a PDF?

I'd be pretty sure the answer is no.
BUT... there are services that could to the conversion for you.
You could either use something like "primoPDF" (which is a PDF printer) on your own computer. Open the TIFF in you favourite viewer, and then "print" it with primoPDF. (note not all image viewers can open FAX tiffs... especially ones with multiple pages, which is most faxes if they have a cover sheet!)
There are also online services that can do this sort of thing.
Maybe search google for something like the free version of tiff pdf online convert. Never used one myself, but you should find something suitable hopefully.
I think there are even some where you can email the file as an attachment, and they email back the converted file. In which case you could get your own computer's mail program to follow a rule to forward the email on to the converter address automatically when a fax email arrives, and you would then get back the PDF attached to a new email automatically whenever a fax arrived. That could be pretty neat if you could work it out!
If you find such a service and get it working, you could always pop back and tells us all about it, and how you got it working so others could benefit too!
Good luck...
Mike
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet fax to email as a PDF?

Sorry, we don't have the functionality to change the document type sent over fax2email.