cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet blocking access to CCTV feed from DDNS address

ditech50

Plusnet blocking access to CCTV feed from DDNS address

I have a CCTV system setup in my property, this is correctly connected and port forwarding with DDNS address also. I have tested this outside my property using my mobile 4G data and cameras can be accessed. When I try to access my cameras from the wifi in my other property running plusnet router, I cannot access the cameras. If I try accessing through wifi from say a house with virgin broadband, I can access the cameras. I have just upgraded to fibre with the new 2in1 plusnet router but this issue also occurred with my previous Thompson router on standard broadband. Is the plusnet router or service blocking access to ddns through camera app Eagle Eyes? I have contacted plusnet customer support but they cannot offer any support. Regards
3 REPLIES 3
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Plusnet blocking access to CCTV feed from DDNS address

If you have it enabled, there is a plusnet firewall you could try disabling - it runs on their servers to block bad stuff before it reaches you. Normally I wouldn't suggest this (but you seem to know your stuff) but with this I don't see that you have much else to try other than replacing your plusnet supplied router with one you buy yourself.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
ditech50

I checked and I all already have the plusnet firewall set to off.  I have noticed that I am able to access other ports which I have open to allow remote record access to a digital receiver from my mobile.  It seems I just cannot access the port which is open for the CCTV system.  The house which is transmitting the CCTV has plusnet and I have proved it is doing this correctly by accessing cameras from wifi with other ISPs. 

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Have you tried another router? - One that plusnet haven't supplied - eg one you buy in a shop.

The plusnet routers aren't great. Yes they do the very basic job of getting you online but anything other than that is tempermental. We got one sat here that kept dropping wifi for no apparent reason. PN sent out a replacement... you get into the control panel, click a link to look at connected devices and it just reboots itself. That should give you an idea of the quality of their devices. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that it costs nothing upfront and they're under no obligation to help at all... but the quality isn't the same as something you would buy in PC World etc.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!