Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet automated message

Spooooky
Dabbler

Plusnet automated message

Hello,
I am a deaf person and had asked my stepmother to make a phone call to Plusnet on my behalf today. However, when we called the 0800 432 0200 number, the automated message came on with instructions and my stepmother pressed the relevant number on a push button telephone to get through only to be met with the same automated message again! We tried the number again and it still kept repeating back to automated message.
I went online to chat to an agent on Live Chat and Melissa, the agent, said that they weren't having any problems but advised me to call the 0800 013 2632 number (I need to contact Plusnet to move my phone number, phone line and broadband to new address). However, Melissa said I had to speak to Plusnet myself as I am the account holder. I explained I'm deaf, don't possess a minicom and the new Next Generation Text Service software on my laptop won't link my telephone number to it for it to work so I could make phone calls by text relay. Melissa insisted that I call Plusnet to have the transfer sorted.
My stepmother tried the 0800 013 2632 number only to have the same repeated automated message over and over again, each time she pressed the relevant number!!
I am now frustrated because I cannot get the Next Generation Text Service software to work (to link my phone number to it) to be able to make a phone call to sort the transfer.I did get some online help from others who are using NGTS but they are at a loss to why I can't link my number to it.  So I am left with no options and I can't cancel my account because that means I will have to call Plusnet to do that which is impossible too!
I really need to know why my stepmother and I kept having the repeated automated message each time the relevant number is pressed?
4 REPLIES 4
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet automated message

Might be a fault with the phone handset - have you another one you could try?
The other thing you need to do is register your stepmother as an authorised person on your account, which you can do via the Help Assistant. You'll need to log in first.
Spooooky
Dabbler

Thanks very much Jaggies for your reply  Smiley
Will ask stepmother if she has another phone (this phone I have now was my late father's and stepmother brought it round yesterday, it was full of dust, lol. I cleaned it up but as you say, must be a fault).
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there Spoooooky,
I have responded to the ticket that you have raised. Feel free to get back to me at your convenience.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Spooooky
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
I've replied to your PM.
My stepmam sorted the move details on my behalf but there's two conflicting issues (as stated in my other post: Moved House - no phone line and broadband).
Cheers  Smiley