cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet assist uninstall/reinstall problems

amcbride
Grafter

Plusnet assist uninstall/reinstall problems

Tried plusnet assist then tried to uninstall it using revo uninstaller everything seemed to go ok. Then when I tried to reinstall it to have another look at it when I try to install it again it tells me I can`t install it as its still on my system. Looked in regeit but can`t see anything about plusnet assist. Its not in add/remove so are there hidden files or any anything else I need to manually uninstall before I can reinstall?
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet assist uninstall/reinstall problems

Shouldn't be. Try rebooting your computer to see if it needs to remove any temporary files.
amcbride
Grafter

Rebooted each day for over a week and problems still occurs. So still cannot reinstall the software. Have looked and searched registry cannnot see any reference to plusnet assist..
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There might be clues on what to look for in this thread. I trialled a pre-release version of the software although as a Force9 customer not all the functionality applied for me. I uninstalled this (using Revo) when the final release was ready, but this did not remove "motive". I deleted that from the HKLM hive in the registry (after backing up the key) and deleted the associated folder.
David
amcbride
Grafter

Many thanks for your suggestion. I carried out what you suggested and the problem is now resolved. Thank goodness for this forum!!!
dick:quote