cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and Internet Explorer 11

computing50yrs
Grafter

Plusnet and Internet Explorer 11

Just rebuilt my PC with Windows 7 home and also installed Internet explorer 11. downloaded PlusNet Assist and installed.
Now when I click PlusNet Assist it displays message incompatible Browser saying needs IE 7 or greater, or Firefox.
I also have firefox installed so what is the problem ?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Plusnet and Internet Explorer 11

The problem is Plusnet Assist.  It's bloated software that nobody computing 50 years should need.
alanw47

I have exactly the same problem and no closer to an answer.  Not impressed  Angry
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What problems are you trying to solve? There is nothing that Plusnet assist does that can't be done directly. Also there are some things which if you want them to be slightly non-standard, Plusnet assist will keep putting them back to standard. Plusnet assist is only really useful for those who have zero technical ability to do things themselves. As both of you have managed to register and post on here I'd say you are both probably above that level.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TieKnot
Dabbler

Had a similar problem after rebuilding my PC.  The solution/workaround is to add "motive.com" without the quote marks to the compatibility view list of websites in IE 11.
In IE 11, go to Tools (Alt X), then go to "Compatibility View settings" and add motive.com to the list.
Should all work now.  See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11-win-7 for more info.