cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Service Status and Updates for iPhone iOS 5.

willas00
Grafter

Plusnet Service Status and Updates for iPhone iOS 5.

Good Day People,
Last night the latest version of the Plusnet Service Status and Updates Application for iPhone was approved to fix a bug in iOS 5.
Since the release someone has left a nice 1 star review moaning that the App no longer works.
The app was tested on iOS 5 and was found to crash upon launch. This was tested by myself and was also reported via Twitter to @Plusnet who then Tweeted me to let me know.
I sent an update to Apple to fix this issue and the update was approved last night. However some times when downloading an update it can cause an app to have more problems.
The Plusnet iPhone App caches the feeds for so long to allow for off-line reading so when updating an update does not always get applied correctly.
If this user who has left a bad review is on the forums then please read on and if any one else is experiencing the same issue of the app crashing upon launch please also read on this will help you.
Delete the Application by holding your finger down on the app until it starts shaking and the icon has an X next to it at the top left.
Once deleted simply go to the AppStore and re-download it. This WILL fix the crash as it removes any stored feeds from the phone.
I would like to advise you all I do test all updates for any app before I send them to the AppStore to ensure they work and to resolve issues.
Just some advice leaving a bad review won't help a developer fix an issue. Developers can not reply to reviews so rather than leaving a bad review contact the developer first. Only leave a bad review if the App is really. But its not that bad is it? I find it very hand for service status updates! 🙂
(Note to moderators not sure if you want to move this else where but feel free to :D)