Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect

delem
Grafter

Plusnet Protect

Anyone here using plusnet protect?
I started using it a couple of days ago but have found a couple of issues and was wondering if anyone has the same problem
1. The following is a line from the plusnet protect user guide.
When you have successfully established trust on both PCs, they appear to each other as trusted on the network map, with a green McAfee shield on each PC's icon
I have two pcs trusted but the mcafee icon still shows red?
2. I have a printer on the network and have used the "Edit Name" feature to give it a name and used the drop down list to designate it as a printer. However it still shows as a PC in the network map.
Any ideas welcome.
David
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Protect

Re the PCs, if you run a scan on each one again then refresh the network map, that should do it.
For the printer you should be able to remove, then re-add that to the network map too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
delem
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the advice however I have run a full scan on both PC's and refreshed the network map but the McAfee icons are still showing red.
With regards to the printer, there is only a button for "Edit Name" but no option to remove it from the network map?
David
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Does a red McAfee shield indicate your computer is at risk?
Or is the bit about the shield being green a mistake in the guide? There are no green shields in any of the screenshots in the guide, although there's only ever 1 computer with a shield in any of the screenshots.
delem
Grafter

Hi ejs,
The screenshot I posted says that the computer is secure. As to whether the user guide is correct about the icon turning green is a question only Plusnet or McAfee can answer. It would seem from Adam Walker's comments that Plusnet would expect the icon to turn green.
It just seems a bit strange that the icon for the printer is incorrect too.
I assume there must be some test setups at Plusnet using Plusnet Protect that could verify if the icons should turn green when trusts are set up.