cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect not working and can't be unistalled

bakeev

Plusnet Protect not working and can't be unistalled

I want to replace PlusNet Protect (McAfee) with another antivirus. The problem is that PlusNet Protect gives a message that it 'stopped working' and won't uninstall, so I can't install the new antivirus. I've tried uninstalling it using the control panel, settings /Apps, and the McAfee Product Removal tool, but nothing works. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Plusnet Protect not working and can't be unistalled

Hi bakeeev, welcome to the forums!

I did a bit of digging around on the McAfee forums and found someone that had a similar problem. The installation might be corrupt so the (supposed) fix is to reinstall the software and it might fix the installation... so that you can uninstall it without it crashes.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-General-Discussions/How-can-I-uninstall-McAfee-whithout-cra...

The post itself is pretty old but I would expect that this should be something that is worth a try. Hope this helps!

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

bakeev

Thank you very much! I have installed the trial version of McAfee, so it fixed the software problems and uninstalled it successfully. Smiley

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Excellent! I am glad that this fixed the issue Cheesy

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.