cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect Update failed and now won't run or uninstall

Picnic
Grafter

Plusnet Protect Update failed and now won't run or uninstall

Yesterday I turned my Windows 8.1 tablet on and when I came to shut it down Windows said it couldn't and Plusnet Protect was doing an update. I gave it best part of 6 hours and the McAfee icon in the task bar refused to move off 0%. In the end I forced a Windows shutdown as it obviously wasn't going anywhere. This morning McAfee won't start properly, nor will it allow me to uninstall it. Task Manager shows Plusnet Protect as Not Responding but I can't kill the task.
I've looked at using a Restore Point but I didn't realise the tablet has this feature turned off! Why Samsung would do that I can assume is only to save disk space.
Anyone got any good suggestions for recovering this without reinstalling Windows?
Also how does one find out how many installs of Protect they are currently using? I thought I found it once but I can't now  Embarrassed
1 REPLY 1
Picnic
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Protect Update failed and now won't run or uninstall

Ignore me, frustration over. In the end I downloaded a new McAfee installer and that took 2 gos but has installed the software
Because I had to go to the McAfee site to download the software I saw the My Account button there and that's where you see your installations. Although I had to get and use a new key I don't seem to have lost one of my installs.