Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premium prices

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Plusnet Premium prices

Just been and seen the Plusnet Premium price banner £11.99 with two little stars next to it.....
searched lower down the page, and found **

** - Plusnet Premium Broadband starts at £11.99 a month for the first 3 months. If you live in one of our low cost areas you'll then pay £15.99 a month thereafter. If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £19.99 a month thereafter.

unfortunately, it does not say how you find out if you live in "one of our low cost areas"   or "outside one of those areas"....  Normally, one would expect a underlined link to a postcode finder type page, so that customers could check which area they live in, to enable them to decide whether the package is "affordable" after the three months initial honeymoon period is over.
question.... How do I find out which area I live in?
EDIT... low cost areas, is underlined and the  link goes to this page..... http://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#faq2
which then leads you to this page......Guide to Low Cost areas.... http://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#faq2
you then need to go to para 3.... Which area is your exchange in..... and click the underlined link Plusnet Usertools Exchange Checker.  to find out which "market" your exchange is on.....
Phew !... what a lot of work, when one click would do the job
Further edit..... when you have found out that, you then need to go back through the pages, to find out if your exchange market number comes under the "inside" or "outside" the low cost area....
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Plusnet Premium prices

Try this http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/low_cost_areas.shtml

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

Which you reach by the above procedure in stage 2 of the operation "Guide to low cost areas" Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

stop moaning and try this one http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Which you reach by the above procedure in stage 2 of the operation "Guide to low cost areas"

Which explains what a low cost area is , and gives a link to the exchange checker ( http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ )to find out what Market area your exchange is in.
EDit: Sorry Shutter , didnt see your edits above...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

The point of my post is ( not moaning Pierre)
Normally, one would expect a underlined link to a postcode finder type page,

instead of having to do the London Marathon, before finding the information.
It would be just as easy for the "page designer" to have put the link in, to go straight to the information, rather than have to go through three or four links to pages of information, before finding the information originally sought.
matt_2k34
Grafter

To find out which category your area falls into, just click on any of the 'check availability' buttons on this page, or for more information see our Residential Broadband FAQ.

From the BIG "80% of households button..." on the main page
It would be just as easy for the "page designer" to have put the link in

For the page designer? no, thats more work.
The 'low cost areas' are extremely easy to find, your problem perhaps is that you havent recently bought a product...?
shutter
Community Veteran

I have found the information....  Cheesy

"my problem"... is not that I haven`t recently bought a product........ "my problem" was actually spending so much time clicking away on links, and reading loads of information before getting to the next link then reading loads of information before finding the next link,  and then reading loads more information before finding the next link and eventually finding out ...
.when one or two clicks would have produced that information...i.e. put in your postcode page, click GO ......and be given the information that you are either "IN" or "OUT". !  Smiley
Your problem is, you did not read my original post correctly, nor did you read my follow up post  properly,
to sum up... It took longer to find out the information, than it does to do a BT speed test, and get a result.  Undecided
matt_2k34
Grafter

Well i apologise that it looks that way, but as far as im concerned its quite simple to find out  Shocked
David_W
Rising Star

A simpler way would be an "enter your postcode here" feature which changes the prices of the products.  I'm in Market 2 and its impossible for me to go Market 3 (less than 10k people) so if I put my Postcode in the image would change to show initial fee and below that my fee after 3 months.  As it is now, you have to travel away from the PN's main page, not something most customers would want to do, and if they did that then would they come back or look for an ISP that has less hoops to go through?