cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Email on Blackberry Curve 8520

Primus

Plusnet Email on Blackberry Curve 8520

Hi,
My wife has just upgraded her mobile to a Blackberry Curve 8520 and I need to know if there is a way to get her Plusnet emails on the phone as opposed to using the Plusnet Webmail.
There seems to be no settings for Incoming or Outgoing servers just the option to put in one email server address (mail.internetserviceprovider.com)
Any help would be gratefully received.
3 REPLIES 3
Emma
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Email on Blackberry Curve 8520

whoever her phone provider is (t-mobile, o2 etc) if you go to their website you can usually text the settings to the phone. You normally have to fill in some bits of information but the text stores it on the phone correctly.
Primus

Re: Plusnet Email on Blackberry Curve 8520

Thanks for the advice.
In the end it was easier than what I thought, so I'm replying incase others need the answer.  After signing up on the Blackberry site I started filling in the form and then hit the help option for email and it explained it much better than what I had read on the internet:
Email server:
Type the address of your messaging server. The address of your messaging server can usually be derived from your email address. For example, if your email address is justinjones@internetserviceprovider.com, your messaging server is likely mail.internetserviceprovider.com, imap.internetserviceprovider.com, or pop.internetserviceprovider.com. If you do not know the address of your messaging server, contact your Internet service provider.

Just make sure you replace imap.internetserviceprovider.com with imap.plus.net and all will be fine.  My wife's BB 8520 picked up the IMAP mail fine and then I assume sends mail out via BIS
Anyway I hope this might be of some help to others.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29