cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Assist says that IE11 is incompatible.

birdbb2012

Plusnet Assist says that IE11 is incompatible.

I have downloaded PlusNet Assist and installed it.  When I click on it a message appears which tells me that my browser is incompatible.  Beneath is a list of three browsers viz. Internet Explorer 6 and above; firefox and safari which are suitable.  My Laptop has Win 7 64bit.  Intel i3. IE11 set as default browser.  I would appreciate info. on what I am missing.
birdbb2012
6 REPLIES 6
kram

Re: Plusnet Assist says that IE11 is incompatible.

i have exactly the same problem. PlusNet Assist loads installs and then says my browser is incompatible yet I am running IE 11. any answers much appreciated.  Smiley
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

birdbb2012

I hoped to use plusnet assist to fix driver problems.  In Devices and Printers there is a yellow triangle next to my laptop.  There are two driver problems.  One concerns missing driver for Microsoft teredo tunnelling adapter the other says that Windows cannot find my printer driver.  I found a fix for the first on Microsoft forum but not for the second.  The printer- a HP Photosmart e-all-in-one- seems to be working fine but the Win 7 trouleshooter failed to find a fix for either problem.  HP support was of little use and as I am not computer savvy I hoped PlusNet assist might help.  Any help would be much appreciated( please keep it simple).  The teredo tunnelling adapter had me in a spin with a ref: to  IPv6 whatever that is!
birdbb2012
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I doubt that Plusnet Assist would help solve driver problems. It's main concerns are Internet connectivity and basic e-mail set-up.
It's possible your printer works (as a printer) because Windows has provided a basic driver for it. But some fuctions of the printer (eg scanning, ink managemnt interfaces, etc) might not work because a full driver is needed for these. Usually the proper drivers would come on a CD included in the printer packaging - along with instructions for installing the relevant driver. Did the box include a CD?
The driver should also be available from http://www.hp.com/support. Have you checked there?
For information, IPv6 is the next generation computer addressing protocol developed to cope with the stock of old IPv4 addresses running out. There are longer term implications of this but for most users, their ISP and computer manufacturers should handle the short term effects.
David
Shartois

I downloaded it just to see what it did however running windows 8.1 is a no brainer it simply tells me its not compatiable. Wouldnt even install in compatibility mode.
eezeepc

I have been pleased with Plusnet but it is very disappointing that Plusnet Assist cannot be used if you are using anything later than Version 9 of Internet Explorer. Anyone who has upgraded or purchased a PC in the last 2 years will be using a later version of this browser. With the recent concerns over the security of IE now that security updates are no longer available, many people will have changed to another browser and they also won't be able to use the service. Come on Plusnet, it's time to catch up with technology and make your support software useable.