cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net login details not recognised by Mac OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

siesta

Plus Net login details not recognised by Mac OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

Anyone found a way of getting a mac running El Capitan to work with Plus Net?  I just installed the OS on a late 2012 Mac mini and tried to add my Plus Net account details, but the dialogue box repeatedly and stupidly displayed 'unable to verify account name or password'.  Plus Net confirm I added the correct details, but still no joy.  The Plus Net agent said this was therefore an issue with the operating system, but they couldn't help as they aren't trained to deal with 3rd party software.  Would be grateful for any ideas/fixes.  Many thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plus Net login details not recognised by Mac OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

What part of your Plusnet service are you trying to get working with El Capitan?
If it's the connection, then the router should be the place that the details are saved.
If it's email, you need to ensure that SSL is turned off in the email settings.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

got 4 macs all running El Capitan with no issues on PN.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Richardson1003

I think I'm getting the same issue here and it's doing my head in.  I have a MacBook Pro running El Capitan and have just upgraded to fibre from normal broadband.
Now I cannot get my MacBook to connect over wifi, it works fine via Ethernet cable though.
I keep getting asked to enter my password at the wifi login screen, and despite doing this several times it still does not work.  I'm pulling my hair out here and the wife will divorce me soon as every evening I'm trying to fix this problem.
All my other Apple, Android and Microsoft devices work ok.
In need of some help here!!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

This may help with the problem you're experiencing:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137695.0.html
The fix was as follows:
1) Turn off the wifi, either via the router gateway or just turn off the router.
2) Turn on your Mac
3) Click the wifi symbol and select Open Network Preferences
4) Make sure AirPort is selected and pres the Advanced... button
5) select the TCP/IP tab
6) Under configure IPv6, select Off.
7) press OK then Apply and close down the Network window, then reboot.
8 ) While rebooting you should be able to turn the wifi back on.
9) Hopefully you should now be able to enjoy your wifi  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cjd888

I am having similar problems: but the dreaded "intermittent" type.  My older (but upgraded with new memory) Macbook is running OSX El Capitan 10.11.2.  Since getting a new Plusnet Fibre router a week or so ago, my phone, ipad and my older iMac, running 10.5.8 - even my formerly reluctant LG smart TV - are all fine.  Link to router quickly each time.  But the Macbook struggles, every time it wakes up; wireless is working, and it sees the nwtwork, but it doesn't connect automatically, and doesn't recognise the password when I enter it manually.
I turn wireless off, then on again.  Sometimes that does it.  Sometimes it asks for the password, but when I enter it, it rejects it.  I close wireless, open again...and so far, after 2,3 or 4 cycles of this, the Macbook connects. 
I have a plug-in signal booster upstairs: is that confusing it somehow?  But that's obviously on the same network, using the same router, so why should that matter?  It seems to be something to do with IP recognition - but why does it work, and then not work next time?  Even though I tell it to remember the network, it doesn't. 
Any ideas?  I'm getting bored of having to do this every time my Macbook goes to sleep...
Many thanks.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have you tried an ethernet cable connection?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: cjd888
Since getting a new Plusnet Fibre router a week or so ago, my phone, ipad and my older iMac, running 10.5.8 - even my formerly reluctant LG smart TV - are all fine. 

if it's a hub one, split the 2.4 and 5GHz networks by changing the SSID in advance wireless settings.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
johnkingeu

Quote from: dvorak
if it's a hub one, split the 2.4 and 5GHz networks by changing the SSID in advance wireless settings.

This worked for me on a Macbook Pro.
leetoomes

I am having similar issues, basically my iMac running OS 10.11 will not auto connect to the router. I have already spilt the bands, but for some reason every time i reboot the mac I have to reenter the network and password? 

I have just changed to a Plusnet One Hub, no issues with the old router, so I'm thinking there may be a firmware update or something to run?

Its very enjoying, any help appreciated.

nickgriff_187

Hi mate, did you ever find a solution?? This is exactly whats happening to me & ive tried everything but cant get to the bottom of it

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate post removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ao

I'm having same problem with Mac 10.6.8, and have tried  the list of things to do (1,2,3,4,-9), which has not sorted the problem.  I get online eventually but i have better ways to spend my time. Plusnet, any ideas?

ao

i have exactly same problem, with MacBook Pro 10.6.8.