cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net McAfee, no PC Optimization

brokenthumb
Grafter

Plus Net McAfee, no PC Optimization

Okies, first up, it's my first post since signing up, and maybe in the wrong place, so I apologize in advance.
Second up, totally enjoying the Plus Net experience, calls answered literally in seconds, all deadlines met, great feedback, moving on ... .. .
I already have a McAfee subscription, with around three months left to run, I figured I may as well take the Plus Net package on offer.
It downloaded ok, I rebooted, shield appeared in my tray, all well and good, however when opened, all the PC Optimization options were missing, ie, Quick Clean etc.
I ran the McAfee Virtual Technician, which told me I had no McAfee products on my system.
I used online support to speak to McAfee, who sent me a link to remove and re-install everything, same thing happened again, no PC Optimization options.
So the question is, does the Plus Net version have less features?
Or, am I missing something?
Thanks in advance, and again, apologies if this is in the wrong forum section.
2 REPLIES 2
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: Plus Net McAfee, no PC Optimization

hello brokenthumb and welcome from me.

Under pc optimize you say you have no quick clean. Well as a long time mcafee user i would not lose i seconds sleep over that, as quick clean is useless compared to windows washer or cc cleaner.
You might also click on navigation and scroll down to see if  its under the heading tools. If its not  just ignore it  and use either of what i said above.
Have fun and no doubt i will se you in broadmoor with all the other plusnetters. Smiley
brokenthumb
Grafter

Re: Plus Net McAfee, no PC Optimization

Hehe, thanks for the welcome.
To be clear I have no PC Optimisation option at all, I've also run the McAfee Virtual Technician, which tells me I have no McAfee products on my computer  Roll_eyes
Wondering if the Plus Net version is McAfee Lite as 'twere?