cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Black Friday Deals

BRABUS
Grafter

Plus Net Black Friday Deals

So having seen BT have an advert for Black Friday deals it set me wondering if Plus Net are going to do the same? 
I have a bunch of friends ready to leave BT and Sky.  One of them is a Sky employee LOL.  this would be a great opportunity to get them to jump ship.
18 REPLIES 18
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plus Net Black Friday Deals

Hi BRABUS,
No we don't have any plans for our own Black Friday deals, cheers for the suggestion though!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Quidco is the best place to go at the moment  Smiley (or it was when I signed up last week)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Sorry, there is indeed a Black Friday offer on, it's on the front page of our website.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocked

Shocked
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, yes as Chris says we are having our own Black Friday now!
Sorry for any confusion, I'm pushing back a suggestion as to how this might have been communicated better internally
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This is just nuts!
It is not commercially sustainable.
FREE broadband for 12 months on a 12 month contract AND get £75 as well for the price of the phone line rental.  Is PlusNET planning to be commercially challenged?
One might understand such an offer on a 24 or even 36 month contract, but a contract duration limited to the period for which it is free is pure daft!  There is certainly no profit in the deal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Razorback
Grafter

The margin is in the line rental which probably more than covers the broadband loss leader.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

If that is true, then it just confirms that those who have a phone line and no broadband are paying over the odds and subsidising broadband users.  Existing users are also subsidising new users.
Time the industry was sorted out - fair prices for all - pay for what you use - same prices for new and old alike.  If PlusNET can afford to deliver 12 months free ADSL and give £75 back to new customers for the price of the phone service, then they ought to be able to discount everyone's phone rental by 50%.
Clearly they cannot, so clearly this offer is not commercially viable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having signed up for a 2 year discounted deal - I an green with envy
However next September I will have an out as there will no doubt be a price increase to pay for it which may well tie in with fibre arriving
Razorback
Grafter

Since fibre is the upcoming and premium product, i wonder if a lot of the ADSL deals are to entice customers in and then hopefuly get them switch to fibre in the future? There would need to be an incentive for them to do so of course.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's well overdue that advertising standards take a long hard look at the use of the word "Free" in commercials.
How such deals are funded.
Or if they are subsidised to the detriment of the existing customer base.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Townman
Existing users are also subsidising new users.
Sad
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
shylok
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I just signed up via Quidco, they have an exclusive £100 cashback deal on fibre 40mb & £140 on 78mb until 30th Nov  Cool
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Townman
This is just nuts!
It is not commercially sustainable.
FREE broadband for 12 months on a 12 month contract AND get £75 as well for the price of the phone line rental.  Is PlusNET planning to be commercially challenged?
One might understand such an offer on a 24 or even 36 month contract, but a contract duration limited to the period for which it is free is pure daft!  There is certainly no profit in the deal.

This would seem to be nothing more than an attempt to boost customer numbers. Perhaps the CEO get's a larger bonus and that's all he cares about.