Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pics were not what my Erin Dors wanted!

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Pics were not what my Erin Dors wanted!

In my earlier thread on photo resizing @Mav suggested Irfanview, which, I am pleased to say, worked fine. Sunshine!

But then the beloved told me I had deleted those wanted and saved the rejects and other unwanted. Ouch x n!

A year ago I upgraded my computer, so the wanted photos would be not on the new disc.Cry

Then I thought, what about that old external I'd put away, if there was a chance they were on it. Joy; they were!

A new problem is that I have originals and edited versions of the same pics with varying file names to sort in to one folder of a new title to sort in to date order consecutively numbered. 

I am trying Irfanview's renaming, but having loaded all 300+ files, only the first is renumbered as name001. I can't see what I am doing wrong. I tried to register with Irfanview forum also, but can find no way.

banging-head-on-the-wall-smiley-emoticonGuys! Any suggestions out there! Please!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Pics were not what my Erin Dors wanted!

Will this help?

https://lifehacker.com/196573/rename-your-digital-photos-in-bulk

Or this?...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43854/batch-renaming-using-irfanview/

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Luzern
Hero

@Pete11

That's quite an ancient post: it mentions WinXP. Are you sure it was covering Irfanview?:)

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Personally when it comes to just viewing pictures, or the batch renaming of them I still use an old version of ACDSee Classic.

Of course it's no good for resizing but it is a small and useful program.

For resizing I use an old version of Adobe Photoshop CS. These were available free from the Adobe site as apparently they were no longer authenticated by their servers anymore.

Luzern
Hero

@Luzern wrote:

@Pete11

That's quite an ancient post: it mentions WinXP. Are you sure it was covering Irfanview?:)

@Pete11 Thank you. The other link solved the problem. Instead of writing ### to represent three digits I had 001. Stupid me!Crazy2

@billnotben Thanks too!

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Irfanview was around in the old WinME days mate.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Mav
Fixes: 501

@Luzern

Here's a link to a renaming tutorial for Irfanview.

I have tried it and it works well.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 37

I really like Paint Shop Pro (original Jasc version) for most things photographic, but Irfanview is great for batch resizing and renumbering.

If you want the best seat in the house, move the cat
FTTC 40/10   Billion 8800NL
BT technician (Retired)
Luzern
Hero

@Mav wrote:

@Luzern

Here's a link to a renaming tutorial for Irfanview.

I have tried it and it works well.

Thanks! I had found that via BC over weekend and used. I was not entering ###, as I took those symbols as orders to put own start number in e.g. 001.