Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pics were not what my Erin Dors wanted!

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Pics were not what my Erin Dors wanted!

In my earlier thread on photo resizing @Mav suggested Irfanview, which, I am pleased to say, worked fine. Sunshine!

But then the beloved told me I had deleted those wanted and saved the rejects and other unwanted. Ouch x n!

A year ago I upgraded my computer, so the wanted photos would be not on the new disc.Cry

Then I thought, what about that old external I'd put away, if there was a chance they were on it. Joy; they were!

A new problem is that I have originals and edited versions of the same pics with varying file names to sort in to one folder of a new title to sort in to date order consecutively numbered. 

I am trying Irfanview's renaming, but having loaded all 300+ files, only the first is renumbered as name001. I can't see what I am doing wrong. I tried to register with Irfanview forum also, but can find no way.

banging-head-on-the-wall-smiley-emoticonGuys! Any suggestions out there! Please!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Pics were not what my Erin Dors wanted!

Will this help?

https://lifehacker.com/196573/rename-your-digital-photos-in-bulk

Or this?...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43854/batch-renaming-using-irfanview/

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Luzern
Hero

@Pete11

That's quite an ancient post: it mentions WinXP. Are you sure it was covering Irfanview?:)

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Personally when it comes to just viewing pictures, or the batch renaming of them I still use an old version of ACDSee Classic.

Of course it's no good for resizing but it is a small and useful program.

For resizing I use an old version of Adobe Photoshop CS. These were available free from the Adobe site as apparently they were no longer authenticated by their servers anymore.

Luzern
Hero

@Luzern wrote:

@Pete11

That's quite an ancient post: it mentions WinXP. Are you sure it was covering Irfanview?:)

@Pete11 Thank you. The other link solved the problem. Instead of writing ### to represent three digits I had 001. Stupid me!Crazy2

@billnotben Thanks too!

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Irfanview was around in the old WinME days mate.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Mav
Fixes: 514

@Luzern

Here's a link to a renaming tutorial for Irfanview.

I have tried it and it works well.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I really like Paint Shop Pro (original Jasc version) for most things photographic, but Irfanview is great for batch resizing and renumbering.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Luzern
Hero

@Mav wrote:

@Luzern

Here's a link to a renaming tutorial for Irfanview.

I have tried it and it works well.

Thanks! I had found that via BC over weekend and used. I was not entering ###, as I took those symbols as orders to put own start number in e.g. 001.