Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical damage to the telephone line

Kathyrn64
Dabbler

Physical damage to the telephone line

Hello everyone!
Rather embarrassingly we're having some work done on our front driveway and during the removal of the existing surface the telephone line into the the house was damaged  :-[.
Presently the internet is working but very slowly and it dropped multiple times earlier this afternoon.
I was wondering what the process is for this kind of issue? From what I gather Plusnet must notify BT Openreach who will then send an engineer to assess/resolve the damage?
Thanks for any information or advice in advance  :).
2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Physical damage to the telephone line

Our next door neighbour dug through our cable a few years ago whilst replacing a fence.  I just phoned Plusnet (who were, and still are, my phone supplier) to raise a fault, and told them that it next door had dug through a cable that looked like the phone line.  They booked me an engineer visit, and a couple of days later the Openreach Engineer visited and replaced the full line from the pavement chamber to the junction box on the front of our house.  We also arranged that we would bury the cable at an appropriate time of the work on the wall (which was replacing the fence), and all has been good since.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kathyrn64
Dabbler

Re: Physical damage to the telephone line

Brilliant!
Thanks very much for your reply :).