cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photograph viewers/editors

Not applicable

Photograph viewers/editors

As we all know, Gimp won't be included in Lucid Lynx. It's a bit complicated for amateur users like me anyway (although I have managed to do simple things like cloning).
I tried Gwenview - very basic indeed.
On Windows I use Photo Premium (Picture It!) and I like it because it is fairly simple. Some things I can do are: Crop picture in different shapes, apply a frame and blur or 'feather' the edges. These are all useful for my card making.
A Fox doesn't like FSpot so wondered what people like to use?
10 REPLIES 10
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Photograph viewers/editors

I tend to use picassa from google or the gimp, depending on what I am doing.
Waldo
Grafter

UFRaw & GIMP for me.
I do have digiKam & ShowFoto installed as part of KDE4 on my FreeBSD box but haven't had time to see what they're really capable of; ShowFoto may do what you're looking for.
Maybe even OpenOffice Draw would be of some use.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I use Eye of Gnome as a plain viewer, GIMP for simple editing (because that's all I can do!).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Also remember that even though it isn't in the basic install, a quick visit to synapic and it is back, This isn't the M$ pay then get regime Cheesy
Another one growing in popularity is Pinta <a href="http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/pinta-02-released-bags-5-new-tools-new.html">reviewed here</a>
artificer
Grafter

i've always like gwenview for its simplicity.  there's also digikam, which will take your pix direct from the camera via a usb cable, showfoto, kview and kuickshow.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I use feh for viewing images, and The GIMP for editing. I take it they've just removed it from the default install and you can still install it via your preferred package manager?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Yes - it's just not on the CD.
So it's reduced to the status of any other package - but its still being actively developed.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mentalist3d
Grafter

I use IrfanView for browsing through images and batch processing images (resizing, adding copyright info, etc.) http://www.irfanview.com/
For image editing I use either Photoshop 7 or Photoshop CS 2 (depending on what PC I'm on)
artificer
Grafter

seeing as how you are on windows, that info is kinda beside the point.
mentalist3d
Grafter

seeing as the OP did mention Windows and Lucid Lynx, your post berating me is kinda beside the point.