cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Downloads

timberwoody
Grafter

Photo Downloads

I have just downloaded a large amount of photos from e mails but I cannot find them on my computer. I am using win 7 with firefox. When I start the download to each photo I get a box saying picasa 3 is my default for saving! Help please in finding them!
Regards
timberwoody
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All upper case title and post edited as per forum rules.
15 REPLIES 15
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: PHOTO DOWNLOADS

sometimes e-mail photo's have a peculiar filename and not 'jpg  have you looked inside the picasa folder for subfolders?, I usually use save as so that I can change the name to something I can recognise, cant give you an example as this is not my usual machine.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Photo Downloads

Will they not all be in your download list in your F.F. browser?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
timberwoody
Grafter

Thanks STEVE M. Could you please explain the the stages I go through to access the browser!
Regards
TIMBERWOODY
Steve
Seasoned Pro

When you open up your browser go to tools i think it is and go to downloads, are your downloads all in there?
timberwoody
Grafter

Thanks STEVE M. Getting there, have found them but need further help! When I LEFT CLICK the item gets highlighted in BLUE but I cannot get the photo to appear with a single or double CLICK. I have also RIGHT CLICKED and when the OPEN sign comes up have clicked on that but nothing happens!
Regards
TIMBERWOODY
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Not sure as when you right click and select open thats exactly what it does and you should be able to view them, Have you had a look in your downloads by clicking start then documents and then downloads? are they there?
Or open F.F. and go to tools and then downloads then right click and select " open containing folder" to see where they may be
Denzil
Grafter

Hold on,
Quote from: timberwoody
I have just downloaded a large amount of photos from e mails...

Do you mean you have been sent emails with photos as attachments? Are you then trying to download them with your email client (e.g. Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Mail etc, if so, which one?) or are you using Firefox and webmail? I think we need to be a bit clearer about what you are doing.
timberwoody
Grafter

Thanks for your answer Denzil also Steve M and Peirre-Peirre. Denzil I am using Firefox and webmail. I can recover my photo downloads just after downloading them from my emails but not at a later date.
I have now managed to transfer my e mail photos direct to my PICASA files.
Many thanks for your help!
TIMBERWOODY
Denzil
Grafter

Sound like Picasa has set itself as the default application to handle images, and is storing them by default in some tucked away location. If you are happy to leave it as it is then that's fine, but it is possible to unset Picasa as the default application, if you wish. Somewhere in the start menu on Win 7 there is an option for Default Programs. Find Picasa and remove its defaults, then you should be able to download files without it getting in the way.
timberwoody
Grafter

Thanks Denzil for your comment. I am happy to leave the situation as it is! If I try to change it, knowing my limited knowledge of computers, I may make the situation worse!
Regards
TIMBERWOODY
Roberto0151
Grafter

It might just be worth mentioning that Picasa in no way stores or holds photos.  It simply "looks at " pics stored on your hard drive, usually on the Pictures folder, and lets you process and organise them.
There is a lot of helpful discussion on this in the Picasa help forum if you are interested in delving a little deeper  Smiley

Bob
timberwoody
Grafter

Thanks for your interesting comment ROBERTO but I will not follow up your kind tip. It just gets to complicated foe me !
Regards
Timberwoody
Roberto0151
Grafter

Thanks for your response Timberwoody.  But it can't be that difficult! I first set hands on a PC about four years ago in my mid seventies and usually manage to do roughly what I want to without any serious problems (fingers crossed).
As far as Picasa is concerned, you might like to start right at the beginning
http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=16027&topic=23911&answer=156338
and move on as and when you feel up to it.
Good luck anyway.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Read about this a while back, but have been unable to reply, as I have been officially "incomunicado"....
If you still can`t find the pics you downloaded from your emails..... try this....
START > then type in the name of the file just above the word START.... (start search) and it will, hopefully, find where the pic is located.....
right click on the file that is found and the click on "open file location"
This will then give you where all your other pics have gone to as well.....