Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone charging.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Phone charging.

Am using a Android phone.

Standard charging is via micro usb cable and that’s the problem as the cable is difficult to get in. I have a number of these cables and they are all the same so problem is with the socket on the phone, the cables fit in other devices without problem.

Some phones are Qi enabled to allow wireless charging but to the best of my knowledge the Nokia 2.4 does not have this or at least I have not found anything that confirms it is Qi enabled.

Is it possible to charge this phone wirelessly or alternatively to charge the battery by removing it from the phone.

Any advice on this topic would be appreciated.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Phone charging.

@gleneagles 

Yes, you can buy a 'kit' to charge phones wirelessly, comprising a roughly credit card sized 'coil' with a short flat lead on it which plugs in to the socket on the phone, and a wireless charger.  The wireless device can remain attached to the phone, but probably best if you use it in a case.

I've found the main problem with micro USB is that the socket on the phone can wear, as can the plug on the end of the charging cable, whereas the newer USB C should be more durable.

Here's an example of the part which attaches to the phone, just add a charging base (which will be powered by your existing charger);

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nillkin-Wireless-Receiver-Charging-Narrow-Side/dp/B01DLYF0Q0/ref=sr_1_5?dch...

EDIT:  make sure you choose the right orientation for the plug (referred to in that advert as 'narrow side up' or 'narrow side down')

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I had a similar problem with my last iPhone , just before my new one was due, although I could not see anything a local phone repair chap dug a little bit of fluff out of the hole. Job fixed for a few quid, and saved me what I thought was going to be a new socket.

Wireless charging is no good if the phone does not have it.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I regularly have to clean the fluff out of the lightning port on my iphone - just use a wooden cocktail stick and all is good Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

A quick squirt of compressed air does it for me.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@dvorak wrote:
I regularly have to clean the fluff out of the lightning port on my iphone - just use a wooden cocktail stick and all is good Smiley

I don’t have a iPhone but my OH does, the design of the plug and socket on both the iPhone and iPad is far better than the type of connector used on my android phone.

There is very limited room to get anything into the socket other than a needle.

We are born into history and history is born into us.