Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone (android) can't connect via router

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Phone (android) can't connect via router

OK Just got a new TP-Link router installed.
Have it setup the same as I had the others, fixed wifi channel (6), wifi encryption wpa-psk& wpa2-psk, 11bgn.
But the phone LG 610 connects to the wifi fine but there is no through put at all. Browser says proxy not responding, mail sits syncing.
Thought there maybe something weird so did a reset on the phone, now it will not connect to google to authenticate. Which leaves the router as the only other thing different.
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Phone (android) can't connect via router

Have you tried with the old router connected again? If it still fails to connect then the problem likely lies with the phone.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is the SSID long?  Try a shorter one, also make sure there are no space characters in the SSID, similar with the password.
Also try WPA2-PSK only (if that option is available).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Just put the hh5 back on to test. connected fine. The ssid is the same as I normally have. All the wifi settings are as close to my "normal" as possible.
Since this is a beta f/w I have reported the issue back to tp-link and will see what they say.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Sounds like a DHCP issue between the Tp_link and the Phone.
Does it work if you set a static IP on the phone ?
Could it be anything to do with this HB ? https://rudd-o.com/archives/wifi-dhcp-network-not-working-with-your-android-phone

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star

Problem being I can't access the phone when it was setting up.
Now it is installed, I can try again with the TP-link and see if it is a DHCP issue.
It had issued 192.168.1.100 from the dhcp server list on the router.