cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls disconnect broadband

Tandleman
Dabbler

Phone Calls disconnect broadband

Any ideas why incoming (and probably outdoing) phone calls cause my wireless nroadband to drop out? Everything else works fine.
I have a normal BT line.
3 REPLIES 3
paulby
Grafter

Re: Phone Calls disconnect broadband

Is it just the wireless that's dropping or is it the connection to the exchange?
Have you tried connecting to your router with a wire to see if the problem persists?
Are you using DECT phones? Sometimes DECT (digital cordless) phones interfere with wireless.  You could try changing the channel your wireless broadcasts on from your router's wireless set up and see if that makes any difference.
Tandleman
Dabbler

The phone call continues so I assume the exchange connection is maintained and it is just the wireless that drops out. It is an old fashioned plug in phone.
paulby
Grafter

The phone and broadband are different signals down the same line.  Your router can loose synchronisation with the exchange (and you loose your connection) but the phone will still work.
Have you got a microfilter plugged into every socket where there is a phone attached (or a Sky box/answering machine etc.) as well as where you plug your router in?  Is the phone your using connected via a microfilter?