Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent email address

irritablegit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Permanent email address

I've used ISP email addresses since email was born, but now I'm thinking that I should make a break, separating the internet connection service from the email service. 

I'd have a lot of websites etc to update but only this once.

There are lots of companies offering domains and email hosting etc, but I would like to know of your recommendations.  Note that this is only domestic email for the family and I don't really need anything else.   I don't have any email to migrate as it's all on the PC.  If it includes any website building / hosting, then I might use it one day, but that's not important.   I just want it to be reliable and cheap.

I look forward to hearing about your experience and receiving your suggestions Smiley

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Permanent email address

I use 123reg. They offer easy email forwarding as well as having an easy-to-use control panel. Plus they are reasonably priced.

I have 5 domains with them.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I've very positive experiences with lcn.com - though you need a domain name.

That points to where you ought to be turning the acquisition of your own domain name.  In the short term, PlusNet could host the domain name, so that fred@yourdomain.me.uk 'points to' fred@yourusername.plus.com

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I've been using 1and1 for my domain and basic email (5 mailboxes) with no problems.