Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords keep failing

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Passwords keep failing

Cry
FWIW I use Thnderbird for my emails. This morning whenever I attempt to send or receive I am asked for the passwords for my accounts even though the words are saved (tick in request password dialg box). Reinputting the correct paswords makes no difference. What the dickens is up, and how can I cure the problem, please? Smiley Message was
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'xxxxxx, Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Passwords keep failing

I've just tested a couple of mailboxes via telnet and can login without problems. Is it one of your mailboxes in particular you are having issues with? If you don't want to post the name in the forum PM it to me and I'll have a look into it for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Passwords keep failing

Thanks Chris! Smiley I have sent a PM.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.