cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pareto Logic

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Pareto Logic

I am still running W7 on my desktop. When I switch on the machine I get a box pop up 'Update Summary'. It refers to something called Pareto Logic.
I am unsure what this is and don't want to click on it in case I cause myself a problem.
Could someone please tell me what this is and if I should click on 'start'?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Pareto Logic

It sounds like you have either downloaded it by accident or you have a nasty http://www.paretologic.com/products/
I would suggest removing it using Add Remove Programs
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks OJ. Appreciated.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. Management consultant Joseph M. Juran suggested the principle and named it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who, while at the University of Lausanne in 1896, published his first paper "Cours d'économie politique." Essentially, Pareto showed that approximately 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population; Pareto developed the principle by observing that 20% of the peapods in his garden contained 80% of the peas.
It is a common rule of thumb in business; e.g., "80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients." Mathematically, the 80–20 rule is roughly followed by a power law distribution (also known as a Pareto distribution) for a particular set of parameters, and many natural phenomena have been shown empirically to exhibit such a distribution.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes i saw this on google as well but it has nothing to do with my question nor OJ's reply.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Suppliers of s/ware such as
ParetoLogic
Backup
ParetoLogic
Internet Security
ParetoLogic
RegCure Pro
ParetoLogic
PC Health Advisor
ParetoLogic
EasyFileViewer
ParetoLogic
FileCure
ParetoLogic
Data Recovery Pro
ParetoLogic
Privacy Controls

XoftSpy
AntiVirus Pro

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Have I missed something here? Why have you listed this software?
Luzern
Hero

The OP seemed concerned about Pareto Logic's bona fides. What I posted was to inform that the company is known as a software provider; mostly, if not all, paod for though.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Lucerne, thanks for clarifying that for me.  I thought I had got rid of it from my PC but every now and then it appears on startup. There doesn't seem a way to get rid of it.
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

While you may have uninstalled the paretologic program sometimes (coff coff, almost all the time) windows does a bad job of cleaning and is guaranteed to leave artefacts.
It is possible the startup entry is still trying to start on boot so you'll need to enter msconfig to delete/disable the startup entry for paretologic.
http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/
gtowen
Luzern
Hero

Knowing Windows' un-installation foibles, I'm a VSREvo fan, paid version.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

artmo
Aspiring Champion

@georgelnx thanks for that info. I'll give it a try as I'm still getting it sometimes on startup.