cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic Smart TV connection issues

vinnie

Panasonic Smart TV connection issues

When trying to connect my Panasonic tx-l42e6b smart TV to the router it tells me home network available but connection to internet not possible IP address not acquired. Tells me I am connected to the router but the the internet.
7 REPLIES 7
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Panasonic Smart TV connection issues

Is your TV set to auto assign?
I'd make sure your TV was set to auto assign, and auto detect, switch off, reset the router, and turn on the tv.
My Samsung did the same, and that sorted it.
picbits
Rising Star

Devonian
Grafter

Seems like a Panasonic issue really then reading through that thread.
fisherr

I've tried the manual setting as above, I still get the same 006 error.  I've rebooted the router, still the same issue. I was able to connect a few days ago, and theres been no update. This TV has been accessing the internet for years up until today.  Any suggestions?

Britunculus

My 5 year old Panasonic 40CX680 has always refused to connect wirelessly but I made a patch cable with RJ45 plugs for an ethernet link, fiddly but not difficult. Now I had to move the router I thought I would try the wi-fi again.

I had the "home network is available but connection to the internet is impossible" but following MisterW's setting it now works.

Thank you to MisterW and all.

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Not sure if this would help, and may be totally unrelated, but recently my Sony TV updated its android OS.

After this, the TV would not connect to the internet, wirelessly or via Ethernet.  It said it was connected, and a connection check was successful, but no apps etc would work at all.

It ended up being the TVs time was wrong, and the update had set the time server to broadcast time, rather than network time. (Its not connected to digital TV or an Ariel....jusy SkyQ and a bluray player)

As soon as time was correct, it  started to work fine.

Again may not be related, but possible something to check.

Britunculus

Thank you, Penfold, the time on the Panasonic TV is correct but since my previous post things have moved on.

Although MisterW's settings did work when applied in the morning. When switched on again in the evening it had dropped the connection so no internet. Prompted by a Status Check from the Menu, it showed as reconnected but still no internet, not from iPlayer or Programme Guide rollback. After being on for an hour or so suddenly internet access was there. This pattern was repeated. Once switched off the internet was dropped and needed a prompt from the menu and an hour or so to reconnect once switched on again. This doesn't happen with our tablets or phones over wifi.

Obviously this is unacceptable, so, following a suggestion from another forum, I went to Currys and bought a Tp-link Powerline starter Kit AV600 TL-PA4010 for £25.99. It was a doddle to set up with two adapters and 2 cables in the box and the TV is back to being Ethernet and always connected. Life is too short to waste days fiddling with wifi.