cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paintshop Pro X6

Javert
Grafter

Paintshop Pro X6

Earlier today I installed Paintshop ProX6 Ultimate to replace the previous version.  I just opened a photograph  (on my PC) that I took early this morning - and it’s now opened by PSP - checked others and the same thing happens.  The program seems to want to take over my PC!
Please can anyone advise me - I not very tekkie - so don’t know whether I’ve done something wrong when installing it.  I wanted to check though photos to have some prints done tomorrow.  If PSP IS trying to take over - then it can be deleted and X5 reinstalled!  Wink
4 REPLIES 4
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Paintshop Pro X6

Seems like Paintshop ProX6 has been changed to the default program to view your pictures, this can easily be changed back though.
Right-click the file you want to change and then, depending on the type of file, either click Open with or point to Open with and then click Choose default program.
Click the program you want to use to open the file.
Select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TORPC
Grafter

Adobe editing suits are also notorious for changing the defaults to their programs
Javert
Grafter

IT Works: Thank you very much for the information - and my apologies for being late in replying - I've had a fraught day!!  I followed your instructions and it stopped PSP6 from opening  when opening a photo. So I was able to get the prints I required! 
Sadly, PSP6 has been right pain each time I've opened it since - it always wants to know what files need to open when I start the program.  It wants me to sign in each time I use it - why? Each time I close the program, a panel pops up like an ad for one of their programs - with only it's name at the top, and despite having a close button -that doesn't operate,  So, I've made an Executive Decision.- and deleted it and returned to v5!  What a complete waste of money!  Cry
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Sadly there are other program's like this, a current version works fine they then update it  and once you purchase it discover  it's more difficult to use.
I always try to get stuff on a trial basis so you can at least try it out before parting with any cash.
We are born into history and history is born into us.