cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Load Error

Not applicable

Page Load Error

Just in the middle of doing some work on a laptop but cannot access the Avast site (www.avast.com) - am getting the Page Load Error in
Firefox3 and IE7. The message is:
Connection Interrupted  
The document contains no data.   

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
My own laptop is fine with this page. Using Windows firewall/Firefox3 with no addons.
It's OK with other sites - just this one. Does anyone have any solution please?

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Page Load Error

Not applicable

Yes - all came up OK.  Also scanned with Avast (had it on a USB stick) and Defender - nothing showed up. Have compared Internet Options settings with my own - identical.
The Page Source Info is:
This website does not supply identity information. Connection not encrypted.
I have third party cookies disabled but I tried it with accepting - still no joy.
BTW Avast updated successfully so it is just the website itself.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Can you try flushing the DNS cache http://www.tech-faq.com/flush-dns.shtml
How to Flush DNS in Microsoft Windows
In Microsoft Windows, you can use the command ipconfig /flushdns to flush the DNS resolver cache:
C:\>ipconfig /flushdns
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
This is done from a command prompt
Not applicable

No problems getting into command prompt but it is wanting user elevation i.e. run as administrator and unfortunately I am having difficulty in discovering how I can do this. I have gone into command prompt via Run-cmd.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

XP or Vista
in Vista it is easy
Go to Start, Programs, Accessories,
Then right click on Command Prompt and select run as Administrator
If you do the same thing in XP you may have the option also but I am not sure as the machine I cheecked it on has the user with administrator rights
thejudge
Rising Star

No problems here, but I do notice that they've redesigned the site. Is it possible they were making the changes while you were trying to connect to it?
Not applicable

The site was OK with the other laptop so I assume it was in order.
I had a mental block about Command Prompt - knew it should have been under Accessories but didn't see it - weird! 
Anyway, have flushed the DNS as you advised Oldjim, rebooted and voila - all OK now so thank you very much for taking the time to help out.
Have also put another 1GB of RAM into the laptop and what with its cleanup and new AV it is now in fine fettle and tripping along nicely.
Thank you very much for your help - much appreciated.