Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Eye Cam

pawhe955
Grafter

PS3 Eye Cam

Anyone out there got one of these?
Just got a new PS3 bundled with Eye Cam and Move, and the Eye Cam lens seems really loose when changing between 'normal' and 'wide' (red dot to blue dot).... It's quite a positive click into each position, but when in either position, the whole lens wobbles slightly......  is this the same as anyone else's?
And the picture quality wasn't what I expected.... using it with just a 100W bulb illuminating the room from above, the picture was really quite grainy, although it wasn't too laggy....
Am I just expecting too much of this device..??!!?Huh
Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: PS3 Eye Cam

My lens isn't loose it's quite a solid set up, the picture quality isn't so good though especially in low lighting. I would go back to the shop if you can and ask to compare another and see if that has a wobble.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: PS3 Eye Cam

On mine the outer plastic sleeve which turns is a bit wobbly but the lens inside is solid and doesn't move.
The image from it isn't exactly HD but is sufficient.....obviously benefiting from maximum subject lighting.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine