cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPoA changed to PPoE ??

w1nt

PPoA changed to PPoE ??

For years, I've been connecting to Waitrose / Greenbee / JLB / PlusNet with PPoA. It's what I've always been told to do.

Today, my connection failed (it's one of several problems recently, including being unable to log in to my account) and I couldn't reconnect. PlusNet Support said "no problems at their end".

I factory-reset my router - Belkin N600 DB - and then let it connect to PlusNet which took many minutes. Finally, it said it had connected but it was confgured as PPoE. The PPoA configuration no longer works.

I have an ADSL line, not fibre. The configuration has always been PPoA. Why has the PlusNet PPoA configuration suddenly failed and only the PPoE configuration will work Huh

I'm very puzzled.

3 REPLIES 3
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: PPoA changed to PPoE ??

PPPoE is fibre only.

PPPoA is ADSL only.

Does that router work in in its new incarnation?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

w1nt

I don't really understand your comment. I have always been connected under PPoA on an ADSL line. I am now, since last week, using the same router on the same ADSL line but can connect only using PPoE.

So PPoE is now working on my ADSL line and PPoA won't work on my ADSL line. According to my reading online, PPoE can work on an ADSL line and is so working on my ADSL line.

My question is: why has it changed from PPoA to PPoE?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'