cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNSetupMgr

penneck
Aspiring Pro

PNSetupMgr

I am having problems with one of my pcs. It is running very slowly, and when I close it down, I get a window pop up with a message about PNSetupMgr. I've Googled this and there are various 'solutions', but I also have something on that pc that is called Plusnet Assist (is that just coincidence that the PN in PNSetMgr could be Plusnet?).
Any ideas what is happening please?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: PNSetupMgr

I believe it is a coincidence as Plusnet Assist doesn't have anything by that name
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Thanks OldJim. Any thoughts on whether PNSetupMgr is a problem, and if so, how to get rid of it, please?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Only by Googling which you have done
You could start by opening Task Manager ,
Select Show processes for all users and see what is there and where it is coming from
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Despite Oldjims advice, I recommend you get rid of Plusnet Assist as it will slow down your computer and its usefulness is highly debatable. 
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Considered opinion for PNSetupMgr is that it may belong to a program called "PopNot", a pop-up blocker.  Of course the same name could have been used elsewhere also.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

I've got rid of PlusNet Assist, and I have followed two suggestions found on Google - run Spybot, and go into Start and remove the tick on realsched.exe. That has got rid of this PNSetupMgr problem
Thanks for the help