cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Logs

Duckfather

PHP Logs

Hi all
I've had a copy of vBulletin running on the CGI / PHP servers for a number of years now. Now, after the recent CGI webspace problems, I'm getting an internal server error whenever I try to get to my administration pages.
In order to even start troubleshooting this, I need to be able to see what error is being thrown and where abouts in the scripts it is being triggered. For what I presume are security reasons, the internal 500 error page holds no details apart from the error message (premature end of script headers should anyone be interested).
My question is, where, if possible, can I find the error logs? Are these available to mere mortals like me, or are they only available to Plusnet admins?
Cheers
Andy
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: PHP Logs

You might find the cgi-platform-php-upgrade-faq (section Cool provides help with eliminating that error. The likely cause is a .htaccess setting that is not compatible with the new server.
David
Duckfather

Re: PHP Logs

Thanks for the pointers. It was a permissions issue, which must have occured after the PHP upgrade and not as a cause of the outage and rebuild of the platforms (unless some permissions got reset incorrectly at some point, which I doubt). The annoying thing is that I've been in the affected modules since the upgrade and haven't seen any issues until now! Huh
Anyway, it turns out to be the way that PHP5 executes scripts as a user and permissions being too open on certain folders (see this post for details). Counter intuitively, simply tightening up permissions on certain folders instead of loosening them up got things working again!
Cheers spraxyt  Smiley
Andy