cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Linux OS 2010

Moominfish
Grafter

PC Linux OS 2010

Just thought I'd provide a link to this OS, not tried it myself yet but looks as if it will be pretty decent, I'm going to give it a try anyway :D, link here http://pclinuxos.com/?page_id=180 that's the link to the KDE desktop version, but you can download it with the following desktops you just choose which one you want to download,
Gnome Desktop, Gnome ZenMini Desktop, LXDE Desktop, XFCE Desktop, E-17 Desktop or the Openbox Desktop.
Thought a few of you might be interested.
5 REPLIES 5
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: PC Linux OS 2010

I tried running it from the Live CD  last week on my ThinkPad X21 and it was crawling through treacle. The Audio and Wireless  Adapter didn't work at all. After a couple of re-boots I went back to persevering with UBUNTU Lucid Lynx 10.04 which works except for the Audio stutter problem caused by Pulse-audio.  Undecided
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Its a weird thing this ubuntu business, I had karmic and i got the pulse audio stuttering and popping but not so with lucid lynx, All the same hardware Crazy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

I realise that this is not a popular view but I have the opinion that Linux is like a Camel. It is a Horse designed by a committee. Roll_eyes
artificer
Grafter

some users have found that they need a legacy kernel to run pclinuxos on older kit.  visit the forum for more information.  most of us are lucky and 2010 runs like a dream.  looks good too.
deekay
Grafter

Tried PCLinuxOS 2010 and had a big problem with it.
It wouldn't recognise my HP printer/scanner. I spent many hours trying to get it to work, following all the suggestions on their forum, but no success.
But strangely, I had tried 2010 RC2 and the printer/scanner was automatically found when I booted the LiveCD. It worked very well!
I can only assume that something changed between the RC2 and Final packages.
So I have had to abandon it, to my disappointment. 
Keith