cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Cleanup

dgreen007
Grafter

PC Cleanup

I'm desperately trying to find the Anti Virus program that is supposed to be installed on my PC.
I want to install AVG but I keep getting a message during installation that I already have an AV installed and I should uninstall this first.
I have tried to find it and nothing sinister shows up in Add/Remove.
Is there anything out there that would help to detect regue software etc.
Following on from this I'd really like to try and clean up my PC and clear out all the rubbish.
Any advice?
7 REPLIES 7
mal0z
Grafter

Re: PC Cleanup

have you tried this - AVG Remover?
http://www.avg.com/download-tools
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Do you have any idea as to what Anti virus programs have been installed in the past
dgreen007
Grafter

oldjim - i did have norton 360 on here once but i uninstalled it using nortons own facility and then installed avg.
It was running perfectly but then all of a sudden started to play up so i tried uninstalling it etc with no luck.
and to answer mal0z, I can't even get onto that website even though my connection is working etc.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you can't get there something may have messed up your hosts file - can you check that
If you can't get there even after that please advise which version you want and I will put it on my webspace and send you a link by PM
dgreen007
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
If you can't get there something may have messed up your hosts file - can you check that
If you can't get there even after that please advise which version you want and I will put it on my webspace and send you a link by PM

I definitely can't get on the web site with this particular PC but I can on my others so very stange.
I'd like to uninstall it completely and then reinstall ver 7.5.
Thanks OJ
Oldjim
Resting Legend

PM sent
dgreen007
Grafter

Thanks Jim.
I appreciate your help.