cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Payment

TheFixer
Dabbler

PAYG Payment

Am I missing something?  A little while ago I added wifi hotspot usage to my premier account (bit of work away etc) but it appears that I can't pay off the balance unless I've used up my allowance!(No payment buttons)  BUT having run out of minutes you can't login on the wireless to pay the bill - because you've run out of minutes (although it doesn't tell you - it just loops round on the connected page.)  So you need to find a landline PC (poss security risk while you are away) or try using dial up on a mobile phone - slooow - just to pay the bill.  Also you can't have it direct debit paid with your regular bill.
Any way round this catch-22?
Phil
4 REPLIES 4
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: PAYG Payment

Hmm, that's odd. The system should bill you as part of the normal billing run (although I think there's a minimum amount which may explain why it didn't bill you last month).
The system shows that you still have some minutes left before reaching the limit which is why the button isn't there yet, I wonder if there was a problem at the hot spot you were using causing the looping. Have you tried another?
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
TheFixer
Dabbler

No, I did have to pay last time - but there was a problem with the system having not recorded my card properly - in the end my wife had to pay the bill on a machine at home with her card.  The hotspot I've used worked ok for everything except when the time ran out - it was a plusnet page that it was looping on.
Payment problem was asked on ticket 22272617 which also mentioned the DD payment unavailability.
Phil
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Ah, I think I understand. For a one off payment, e.g. to clear the balance mid month you can't use Direct Debit. To do that the payment must be taken via a card. If you use all the minutes and don't clear the balance then the payment will be taken as part of the normal monthly direct debit.
If you don't do anything between now and your next billing date then it should clear the outstanding balance then. The system thinks you still have some minutes remaining so you should be able to use the wifi service until you reach the 180 minutes at which point the button will appear to clear the balance by card if you wish.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
TheFixer
Dabbler

Ah yes but No  Wink
Sorry for late reply but I was away on business with limited wifi use available  Smiley
Mid month - can't pay by card because there is no Pay button on the usage page - it only appeared last time when I'd run out (and could no longer get past the proceed page)
End of month - The rep said it couldn't be paid by DD so card only:
Quote - From looking at your account I can see that there is a Direct Debit set up on the account. Unfortunately we cannot take payment for WiFi via Direct Debit, we can only use a valid debit or credit card to do this. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused. - end quote