cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Network Unable To See Servers At Different Times

R33D3Y

Outside Network Unable To See Servers At Different Times

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been posted before; if so link feel free to link me to said post.

I run a few game servers for myself and a few friends, there hasnt been many issues with them connecting before except slow internet but thats managable.

All of a sudden in the last two weeks the servers are simply not visible from the outside of the network, you can ping the address fine, however the ports are reporting closed from the outside even though they are port forwarded correctly and have been working fine for months now.

Additionally we've found that the visibility has been toggling; sometimes they can connect instantly without an issue and other times they cannot. I've tested the from the Public IP as well and haven't been able to connect (during a toggle), although I haveto the Local IP.

I've tried restarting the servers (hardware and software), restarting the router, unplugging router, restarting the games, they have restarted their PCs, unplugging and replugging switches, adapters, etc.

Please help!

Cheers,

R33D3Y

1 REPLY 1
adrianscotter
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Outside Network Unable To See Servers At Different Times

If you're running VM's on a single box, I would be looking at the NIC, if you're not, I would be looking at swapping the router out for a known good router to test it.

Live long and prosper!