cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express problem

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Outlook Express problem

Outlook Express isn't downloading my e-mails (I know they are there because I can get at them on the Plusnet website). When I use the "Send/Receive" button in Outlook Express, I get the following error message:-
The server responded with an error. Account: 'home', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
Is there anyone out there who could help me solve this problem, please.
4 REPLIES 4
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Outlook Express problem

This used to happen to me quite a lot; try rebooting your router (if thats what you're using) it cleared my problem every time.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties retrieving your email.
Could you possibly trying disabling AVG temporarily to see if this helps to resolve your issue.  Antivirus and Firewall software updates can sometimes cuase these kind of issues.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

This is a problem with AVG. A reboot of your PC will probably fix it.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Thankyou for your help. I've disabled the e-mail scanner in AVG, and now I am able to access my incoming e-mails.
Once again many thanks.